According to the Kenya National Examinations Council (KNEC) anaylsis 101,687 students scored (D+ plus), 137,713 (D plain) 152,339 (D- minus) and 29,318 scored E grade. Scholarships for KCSE C, D & E Students Unveiled: Here is how to Apply
“This opportunity is for any Kenyan youth with any grade in the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) examination and has never secured a course through KUCCPS,” the agency noted in a notice
Youth can apply for programmes on offer with Artisan Courses taking D and E grades, Crafts (D+, D) and Diploma programmes requiring an entry grade of C and C – (Minus).https://3190a5cc6f0d86a6d35c22a7fff82762.safeframe.googlesyndication.com/safeframe/1-0-37/html/container.html
The applicant will be expected to make applications by submitting their preferred choices where a valid choice will constitute a programme code, programme name and the institution name.
1) Applicants with an overall grade of C+ and above will be allowed to make a maximum of 6 choices for degree programmes where 1(a), 1(b) and 1(c) must be similar programmes and 4 for diploma programmes.
2) Applicants with an overall grade of C- and above, will be allowed to make a maximum of 8 choices; 4 for diploma and 4 for craft certificate programmes.
3) Applicants with an overall grade of D and above, will be allowed to make a maximum of 8 choices; 4 for craft certificate and 4 for artisan certificate programmes.
4) Applicants with an overall grade below D, will be allowed to make a maximum of 4 choices from artisan certificate programmes.
5) An applicant may choose any programmes for which they qualify provided that no choice is repeated.
How to apply
Applications should be submitted online through the Student’s Portal accessible via the Placement Service website www.kuccps.ac.ke.
The deadline for application is February 12, 2021.
1. Log in to the KUCCPS student portal.
2. Enter your KCSE index number and KCSE Year.
3, Use your birth certificate number and KCPE index number as the password.
4. Click on the programs tab on the upper left-hand corner to check the requirements for the programs.
5. Alternatively, search for courses by their institutions by clicking on the institution tab.
How to select courses:
1. Scroll through the programmes and add the ones you are interested in to the course basket.
2. To enter your preferred courses, click on the application/revision tab on the site and enter the programme codes.
3. You can pull the program codes from your selection in the course basket.
4. Once you are done, submit the courses you have selected.
5. You will be redirected to an application for payment.
Note: Students who are applying for the first time are charged Ksh 1,500 while those revising courses they already submitted in school will pay Ksh 1,000. Scholarships for KCSE
How to pay:
1. Students applying for the first time will be charged Ksh 1,500.
2. If you are only revising the choices you already submitted in school, you will pay Ksh 1000.
3. Go to Lipa na M-PESA Menu
4. Select Paybill
5. Enter the business number as 820201
6. Input the account number as your KCSE year and KCSE index number e.g 2019111111111
7 Enter amount- Ksh 1,500 for the first-time applicants and Ksh 1,000 for those revising.
8. Input your M-PESA pin and send
9. Retain the Mpesa message, you will need the transaction code every time you make changes.
Payment Reversals Reversals will be done for erroneous payments in the following ways: i. For non-existent accounts, reversals will be made within 14 days.
Reversals for payments made to wrong but valid accounts e.g. payment made for account 12345678912 instead of 12345678911 must be requested in writing to the Chief Executive Officer. – Scholarships for KCSE
Here is the list of courses you can apply for on the KUCCPS website.
“Nyongesa Sande is owned by Nyosake Investment, a company incorporated in Nairobi, Kenya. Nyongesa Sande is the biggest informational blog and News Online Magazine in the World. Nyongesa Sande – “So Much More to Read Now”.