Dr. Raghavan Seetharaman is the Group CEO of Doha Bank (DSM:DHBK). Set up in 1978, Doha Bank is one of the largest commercial banks in Qatar. In 2015, business magazine Forbes ranked Seetharaman 6th in the Forbes’ Top Indian Leaders in the Arab World 2015 list.
Early life and education
Dr. Seetharaman was born and raised in India. He is a Chartered Accountant and holds certificate in IT systems and Corporate Management, whilst being a Gold medallist in his graduation Bachelor of Commerce from University of Madras.
He is recipient of multiple doctorates from leading universities of the world, including
- PhD in Global Governance by European University
- PhD in Green Banking and Sustainability from Sri Sri University
- Doctorate of Laws by Washington College for his unique and valuable contribution to society in the field of banking and knowledge management
- Doctorate of Honoris Causa from European University for his contribution to global governance and social responsibility
- Doctor of Philosophy (Honorary) by Arts, Science and Technology University, Lebanon (AUL) for his valuable contribution to Banking and Finance
- Honor of the Doctoral Fellowship (Equivalent to PhD) from Sri Sharada Institute of Indian Management (SRISIIM)
Dr. Raghavan Seetharaman Career
Seetharaman started his career at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC), one of the four largest professional services networks. In 2002, he became Deputy CEO for Doha Bank. Seetharaman was named CEO in September 2007. Since then, he has overseen the bank’s expansion from its base in Qatar to the UAE, India, Singapore and China, among others
Was this article helpful?