Analog cellular phones were the first generation while digital marked the second generation. 3G is loosely defined, but generally includes high data speeds, always-on data access, and greater voice capacity.
The high data speeds are possibly the most prominent feature, and certainly the most hyped. They enable such advanced features as live, streaming video.
There are several different 3G technology standards. The most prevalent is UMTS, which is based on WCDMA (the terms WCDMA and UMTS are often used interchangeably).
3G telecommunication networks support services that provide an information transfer rate of at least 144 kbit/s.Later 3G releases, often denoted 3.5G and 3.75G, also provide mobile broadband access of several Mbit/s to smartphones and mobile modems in laptop computers. This ensures it can be applied to wireless voice telephony, mobile Internet access, fixed wireless Internet access, video calls and mobile TV technologies.
A new generation of cellular standards has appeared approximately every tenth year since 1G systems were introduced in 1979 and the early to mid-1980s. Each generation is characterized by new frequency bands, higher data rates and non–backward-compatible transmission technology. The first commercial 3G networks were introduced in mid-2001
- The user can access the internet from anywhere, has a higher speed of data transmission.
- An excellent bandwidth, allowing video calls in mobile phones can be downloaded games of various applications.
- You can customize mobile phones with the images you like; cell phones are like a kind of portable camera, which allow users to create albums, upload photos from the internet, etc.
- The cost of equipment that is compatible with this technology is very high.
- The speed of transmission of data will depend on the available coverage.
- This technology can be quickly replaced by another, due to advances in technology, among others.
The main difference between the 3G network and the 2G is that 3G offers a higher browsing speed; Also, with 3G networks on your phone or tablet, voice and data services can operate at the same time.
Was this article helpful?